Thursday 22 March 2012

New Media 3 Class Assesment

AVUSA
With reference to the New Media tools Avusa’s web page is still behind. When I visited the site I found that there were no interactive features for the readers. There was no pool question, video or any other link to similar stories or any other thing. The writer is right when he/she states that Avusa is detangled. This statement also changes once you go into one of Avusa’s newspapers. In this case I went into the times live and I found that they were up to speed with new media as they have correctly packaged their stories with the other forms of telling a story.
Media 24, Mail and Guardian and Independent Newspapers
What I found about these websites and also in their papers is that they are a bit up to date with the constant media changes. In regards to independent newspapers I think that they could step up a bit since they seem to be more traditional then moving on with the times. Since they have such a huge fan base one would expect them to constantly be keeping up with their readers.
Media 24 take the crown for the above statement as it has incorporated all the media tools in their story packages. For their main website to actual publications they have everything from videos, audio clips, pictures, links to other things relating that story and also a social media feed.
With the reception that the writer makes abbot the mail and guardian I that that the writer is a bit undermining this publication as it seems to be up to speed with the evolving media. In my personal opinion I found other story packages better than the ones with belong to publications under the media houses listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment